Resources for New Moms
Sample Menu: 8 to 12 Months Old
Here is a sample menu for a child between 8 and 12 months old. It includes a balance of fruits and vegetables, dairy, whole grains, and nutrients that your child needs to develop and grow!
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup cereal or mashed egg.
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup fruit, diced (if your child is self- feeding).
- 4–6 oz. Breastmilk or formula.
- 4–6 oz. Breastmilk, formula, or water.
- 1⁄4 cup diced cheese or cooked vegetables.
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup yogurt or cottage cheese or meat.
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup yellow or orange vegetables.
- 4–6 oz. Formula or breastmilk.
- 1 cracker.
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or diced fruit (if child is self-feeding).
- 1⁄4 cup diced poultry, meat, or tofu.
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup green vegetables.
- 1⁄4 cup noodles, pasta, rice, or potato.
- 1⁄4 cup fruit.
- 4–6 oz. Formula/breastmilk.
- 6–8 oz. Breastmilk or formula or water (If formula or breastmilk, follow with water or brush teeth afterward.).