Resources for New Moms
Babies develop in their own way, so it’s impossible to know when your baby will achieve each milestone. The developmental milestones listed here give you an idea of what you can expect. Here are some things to look for when your baby is 5 months old.
What most babies do at 5 months old:
- Enjoys playing peek-a-boo.
- Begins to understand object permanence (understand that things are there even when they’re out of sight).
- Finds things that are partially hidden.
- Can see tiny items and lots of colors.
- Tracks moving objects.
- Starts to recognize their own name and turn toward you when you call their name.
- Has good head control.
- Can push up while on stomach.
- Raises arms for you to pick them up.
- Cries sometimes when you walk out of the room.